Explore The Depths Of History
Gale In Context: World History takes learners from the ancient world to today's headlines, delivering a chronicle of the great cultures and societies that have formed the history of the human race. Rare primary sources, reliable reference, and multi-media content put this vast topic into context for students.
Gale In Context: World History
More than 2,200 primary source documents from Primary Source Media and other reliable providers join hundreds of acclaimed, award-winning titles from Gale, Macmillan and Scribner, including: Global Events, Historic World Leaders, Encyclopedia of Modern China, Gale Encyclopedia of World History, Middle East Conflict Reference Library and the Encyclopedia of the Renaissance among others.
- Engage students with a familiar, web-like experience that promotes information discovery
- Provide trustworthy, objective information to facilitate critical thinking and information literacy
- Support differentiated learning and diverse student populations through a variety of purpose-built tools
- Deliver helpful, up-to-date, editorially curated topic pages that cover the most popular subjects and provide a great jumping-off point for the research process
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology supports differentiated learning and those with impaired vision, and can be used in conjunction with text translation
Part of Gale's In Context suite of online resources, Gale In Context: World History offers current and authoritative information to meet the needs of today's learners with a mobile-responsive design that is easy to navigate. Engaging, topical databases seamlessly integrate acclaimed content with curriculum-aligned materials that span core subjects and develop future-ready skills. A similar user experience across all Gale products provides continuity and allows users to spend more time with content and less time learning navigation and tools.
"The name of this database sets it apart and immediately indicates to students what they will get there. World History in Context is a beautiful product – the user is drawn by the images, videos and the “look and feel” of the In Context databases. And of course it is a good combination of academic, reference and primary material – making it useful not just for undergraduate students but also for postgraduates and researchers."
- Mr Niel Hendriksz, Librarian at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Arts and Humanities
- Business & Economics
- Health & Medicine
- Languages and Linguistics
- Literature and Writing
- Political Science
- Regional History
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences
- World History
Platform Features & Tools
ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology, and on-demand text translation into 12 languages
Integrated G Suite for Education and Microsoft Office 365 tools enable users to share, save, and download content—including highlights and notes.
Integrated directly into the user’s workflow, formatted citations can be easily imported from single or multiple documents to services like EasyBib or NoodleTools. MLA, APA, and Chicago-style citations are supported.
Reviews & Testimonials
"World History in Context is very easy to navigate. There's a logic to the In Context system - once you have learned how to work one In Context database you can use them all, and I really like that." - Tue Gaston, Librarian