Gale Literature brings together Gale's premier literary databases into a single digital environment that allows researchers to search across a library's resources to discover and analyse content in entirely new ways. No other publisher offers this combination of uniquely rich literary content, dependable metadata, and intuitive subject indexing – all enriched by features and design that breathe new life into the study of literature.
Any new literary databases will be made available through Gale Literature, and if your library has access to them, they will automatically be added to your Gale Literature experience.
Currently, users can cross-search these collections with Gale Literature:
- Literature Criticism Online – one of the largest, most extensive compilations of literary commentary available
- Literature Resource Center – up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism, and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods, and from around the world
- LitFinder – a wealth of literary works, including over 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000 poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays
- Subcollections of GVRL titles – including Scribner Writers and Twayne's Authors
- Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online – signed scholarly essays that provide essential context to understand the careers and writings of more than 12,000 authors from all time periods and all parts of the world
- Something About the Author Online – engaging biographies of classic, contemporary, and emerging authors and illustrators of children's and young adult literature
- Contemporary Authors Online – current biographical and bibliographical data on more than 120,000 modern authors