What activities will you need to do?
The activities in the Gale Ambassador Library Support Program can change a little each year. Students in the 2023-24 program will be completing the activities below. Students are able plan their time and complete the following activities at a time convenient to them:
- Blog Post: Write 1 blog post (1,000 words) about an allocated topic. You will be given a deadline for your blog post.
- Gale Social Media: Post 20 times on the Gale Ambassadors' Twitter channel about Gale's resources.
- External Promotion: Post 15 times in locations which will be seen by students (e.g. Facebook groups / WhatsApp groups), informing students about Gale, encouraging students to follow Gale's channels and/or promoting your Live Events.
- Live Events: Run 6 events at your institution. You will have the freedom to choose the type of event you run, such as training sessions, mini lecture presentations or running a tabletop stand in the library foyer. (Don't worry, this isn't nearly as daunting as it sounds! Many of these events can be relatively small scale and can sometimes be run in partnership with Gale or library staff). Full training is provided.
- Product Research: Run 1 peer interview, obtaining feedback about a student's use of the Gale resources (questions provided by Gale).
Gale Ambassadors can also opt to complete additional activities (with additional payments), selected from a list of specified activities. It is not compulsory to complete any additional activities.
Training and Check In
If understanding the Gale archives and ambassador activities seems daunting, don't worry! We offer all Gale Ambassadors comprehensive training. This will take place over Zoom on the following dates:
18 September 2023, 2-4pm BST
19 September 2023, 2-4pm BST
20 September 2023, 2-4pm BST
21 September 2023, 2-4pm BST
Students need to attend all four 2-hour sessions.
As well as learning about the company, Gale's resources and the ambassador role, you will get the chance to e-meet various Gale colleagues and ambassadors at other universities.
We will also have a Check In Call in January – a chance for all ambassadors to reconnect and share ideas and advice. This will be held:
11 January 2024, 3-4pm GMT
Training and the Check In Call are compulsory.
The application deadline will be updated when applications re-open for the 2024-25 cohort.