Our Core Customer Privacy Principles
1. We want you to know how we handle your personal information.
We are committed to being transparent with you about how we handle your personal information. Our Complete Privacy Notice explains how and why we collect, use and disclose your information. You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.
2. We are committed to improving learning experiences while protecting privacy.
We only use personal information as needed to achieve specific educational and business goals. We use your data in ways that we believe will enhance your learning experience and improve your outcomes. For example, we use your information to help personalize the Cengage digital learning platforms you use, making your study time more efficient and effective. When we use your usage data to help improve our learning products and services to better serve all students, we do so in a way that is aggregated and anonymized.
3. We will never sell our customer’s personal data.
We never sell marketing lists. We only share personal information with third parties if we are required to do so by law or for the following reasons:
- We may share your information with service providers, who are prohibited from using your information for their own purposes.
- We may share your information with your school. For example, your instructors have access to all of the information generated by your use of the products you use for class. We may also provide information to your school as needed to investigate possible academic fraud or cheating.
- We may share your information with other companies, with your consent. If you interact with other companies through our platforms, you may authorize us to share data with these companies. For example, you may request that Cengage share information about the courses you’ve taken with partners to enable the partner to provide you with resume creation, skills assessment or other services. We only share your data with these companies if you explicitly tell us to.
4. We respect your choices about how we use your information.
We respect your right to opt out of our marketing communications. There are times when we might have suggestions for products, services and other offers—from us or from a trusted partner—that we believe will improve your learning experience and/or outcomes. You can always opt-out of emails by clicking the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you, or by contacting our Customer Service department by email: email@example.com, or phone: +1 800.354.9706 (M - F, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm ET). To revoke permissions that you may have given to send text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
Cengage respects your right to access, correct and request erasure or restriction of your personal information as required by law. This means:
- You generally have a right to know whether or not Cengage maintains your Personal Information. If we do have your personal information, we will provide you with a copy (subject to the rights of others). If your information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
You may also contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our Privacy Team will assist you. Please understand that we may need to verify your identity before we can process your request.
You may ask us to delete or restrict your personal information. When you exercise your “right to be forgotten” or ask for your information to be deleted, we will remove your information held in Cengage systems. Once completed, you will no longer have access to the Cengage online products, services, or resources that you may have used or purchased/accessed in the past. For example, you will no longer
- have access to all course materials, grades, performance history, etc.
- have the ability to update course material, access gradebook, review student activities, etc.
- receive information on new products, renewal notification for existing product purchases, or be able to participate in peer communities.
This process is permanent and irrevocable. You will need to register as a new customer if you would like to purchase or access any Cengage products or services online. Submit a “right to be forgotten” form to carry out this request.
If you believe that we have processed your Personal Information in violation of applicable law, you may file a complaint with the Cengage Privacy Office or with the appropriate supervisory authority.
5. We are committed to protecting the privacy of schoolchildren.
The personal information we process about K-12 students belongs to the schools we service. We do not use any identifiable K-12 student data for our purposes. We also do not allow any children under the age of 16 to register with Cengage directly. We encourage parents and teachers to spend time online with children and to monitor their online activities.
6. We are committed to keeping your information secure.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and understand that your trust depends on our protecting it. We are committed to protecting your information against unauthorized access or loss.