Authoritative, Money-Saving Car-Care Guidance at Your Fingertips
Deliver reliable automotive help online 24/7 through ChiltonLibrary, trusted by automotive enthusiasts and professionals for more than 100 years. No other source has the vehicle maintenance, repair, and technical service bulletins patrons need for most years, makes, and models.
ChiltonLibrary provides access to repair, maintenance, and service information on cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs on the road today. This resource offers detailed content to simplify even the most complicated tasks.
The continually updated resource offers:
- Out-of-the-library mobile access whenever and wherever users need it
- Factory-tested service, repair, and replacement information from the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)
- VIN Decoder, which allows a user to submit their vehicle identification number (VIN) and gather valuable information for a car or truck
- More than 2,500 easy-to-access videos and animations, organized by vehicle systems and subject matter
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting information
- Wiring and vacuum diagrams and detailed schematics
- Manufacturer-recommended maintenance intervals
- Technical service bulletins and recalls
- Warranty and Chilton Labor Estimating Tool for common repair procedures
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) technician test-prep quizzes to assess a user’s technical knowledge
ChiltonLibrary’s dynamic search engine helps users find procedures quickly. A clean, simple interface and searchable table of contents make navigating the complexity of today’s cars, trucks, and SUVs easier, so users can find the information they need to safely service their vehicle.
The ChiltonLibrary platform offers many accessibility features, such as keyboard controls and enhanced responsiveness for mobile devices. In addition, enhanced voice technology and text display options are available to make understanding written text, viewing graphics, and navigating web pages easier.
Readability tools include:
- Translation – Powered by Google Translate, the ReadSpeaker text aid allows readers to translate a word or short phrase into 22 languages—and counting.
- Dictionary – Readers can highlight a word to learn its meaning.
- Text display – Readers with vision impairment, or who have reading differences, may benefit when they have a variety of ways to customize their view on a screen.
Display option tools include:
- OpenDyslexic font – a typeface designed to counteract dyslexia symptoms
- Additional font choices – to aid comprehension
- Optional background colors – to better view the text on the screen
- Line, word, and letter spacing – so individuals can adjust the spacing to make the text easier to read
- Page mask and highlighting – to minimize distractions and increase focus
- Text mode – a simple text display that can help anyone, especially those with cognitive or learning disabilities
For libraries, the ChiltonLibrary platform enables a deep dive into the database usage, even to the level of specific pages frequented, most-popular models, and which library branches have the most usage. Library-specific and content-specific data can customize the reports as well.
- Interests & Hobbies
- Automotive Repair
Platform Features & Tools
A mobile-responsive design enables users to connect anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
Text-to-speech technology lets users hear the article read out loud and download the audio file.