Each volume of Novels For Students contains easily accessible and content-rich discussions of the literary and historical background of 14 works from various cultures and time periods. Each novel included was specially chosen by an advisory panel of teachers and librarians - experts who have helped us define the information needs of students and ensure the age-appropriateness of this reference's content. Within the pages of Novels For Students, young researchers will discover everything they need to complete homework assignments and lead classroom discussions.
Each volume (beginning with volume 32) includes two "Literature to Film" entries. Entries profiling film versions of plays/novels not only diversify the study of plays/novels but support alternate learning styles, media literacy, and film studies curricula as well.
See Table of Contents for a list of works that appear in this volume. Please note that the entire For Students series in available eBook format.
Feature & Benefits
- Student friendly: Homework help format, w/ criticism at H.S. students' interest and reading levels.
- Librarian friendly: Lower price than more scholarly criticism volumes (e.g., Poetry Criticism).
- Reader friendly: For patrons interested in more info on the classics or bestsellers they're reading.
- Curriculum Connection: Supports standards on study of literature by genre or in historical context and provides read-a-likes for common core activities.
- Assignment based: For Students designed to match real English projects and the format facilitates compare and contrast, inquiry-based activities.
- Title lists correlate with textbooks, anthologies.