Featuring video! New Enhanced eBooks on GVRL provide teachers with curated video content and curriculum-aligned classroom tools, making lesson planning easy with engaging classroom-ready content.
An issue in the news, and very personal to many, Immigration in America tackles this complicated topic by first presenting a historical overview of immigration as well as various points-of-view and key players in the public discourse on immigration. Discussions of immigration laws and border security, economic impacts of immigrants, and immigration reform are covered from a wide variety of perspectives.
Features & Benefits
- Primary Source sidebars with prompts to help students understand, analyze, and evaluate the source.
- Callouts that encourage students to analyze, synthesize, engage, evaluate, and recall the information in the text.
- Sidebars draw attention to important people, organizations, historical moments, and comparing positions or arguments related to the topic.
- An appendix with assorted printable/downloadable worksheets, tip sheets, student performance checklists, and evaluation guidelines that teachers can use in the classroom or students can use independently.
- Chronology, recommended sources for further research, and subject index.
Video content, carefully selected and/or created to support and enhance the text, is integrated into the text of the eBook.