This classic reference covers multinational and national membership organizations from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe - including U.S.-based organizations with a binational or multinational membership. Entries provide the names of directors, executive officers or other personal contacts; telephone, fax, telex, electronic mail, websites and bulletin boards; the group's history, governance, staff, membership, budget and affiliations; the goals and activities of the international organization, including research, awards, certification, education, lobbying and other important activities; and publication and convention information.
Features & Benefits
- Expanded Coverage: Contains more than 500 new organizations never before profiled in International Organizations.
- Affiliate Data: Features more than 3,300 affiliate organizations at the regional, national and international level to provide additional information and increase networking opportunities.
- Easier Access to Telecommunications Information: IO listings include full organization contact information, including email addresses (94% of entries) and URLs (99% of entries).
- Comprehensive listings: IO entries feature a wealth of descriptive information, including: year founded
- purpose or activities
- services, publications, and other organization programs.
- The Geographic Index lists organizations alphabetically by country and city, making it possible to identify associations according to their geographic locations and to determine which and/or how many are headquartered in a specific region.
- The Executive Index sorts by the surname of the association's head contact person, making it possible to identify an organization through its chief executive, and to learn whether a particular individual serves in that capacity for more than one organization.
- The Name and Keyword Index is a comprehensive alphabetical listing of all organizations appearing in IO, and includes location information with each index citation.
International Representation: Contains approximately 32,000 organizations