Examines the most current scientific studies and provides in-depth information on food regulation and safety.
Feature & Benefits
- Each contains a topic overview, information about changing trends, up-to-date scientific analysis, and a look at controversies surrounding the featured subject.
- The narrative also contains personal anecdotes, informative sidebars, fact boxes, and statistics that help readers understand these topics and how they impact their bodies and their lives.
- Full-color photographs and detailed tables, charts, graphs and illustrations complement and enhance the text, while ancillary materials such as a glossary, a bibliography and a subject index provide useful tools for further research and discussion.
- Individual volumes focus on a specific health or nutrition-related topic, such as body image, diets and dieting, junk food, or vegetarianism.
- Using primary and secondary sources, each volume provides background information on a significant event in modern world history, presents the controversies surrounding the event, and offers first-person narratives from people who lived through or were important during this time.