Intended primarily for middle school students, U*X*L World Eras examines major civilizations that have flourished from antiquity to modern times, with a strong emphasis on daily life and social history. This set consists of ten full-color, thematically arranged volumes, with each volume providing in-depth coverage of a given era, focusing on a cultural group and its interaction with other peoples of the world. With its emphasis on daily life and cultural institutions, U*X*L World Eras engages students' interest and enriches traditional studies of history. The global perspective of this set prompts comparison of the lives people led in different parts of the world, in different cultures, and at different times, contributing significantly to students' global literacy.
Features & Benefits
- All volumes in the U*X*L World Eras set share a consistent ten-chapter structure, facilitating comparisons across the volumes.
- The structure within each chapter is consistent as well, allowing for quick access to desired information within each volume.
- Every chapter comprises overview information as well as topical entries on people, places, events, and more.
- Each chapter begins with a chronology, glossary, and guided reading questions to encourage critical thinking and help students identify the chapter's main emphasis.
- Chapters also include suggestions for individual and group activities such as writing prompts and group projects.
- Each volume concludes with a comprehensive subject index.