Examine Complementary Health Approaches
Can Bach flower essences quell negative emotions? Is cherry juice a good nutrition supplement? How will the Affordable Care Act impact the field of alternative medicine? Authoritative and objective, The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, 5th Edition covers all aspects of the subject, including therapies, conditions, and diseases; herbs and plants; foods; and people (biographies of pioneers and leaders in the field).
This encyclopedia features a total of 934 entries written by subject matter experts. Along with alternative ways to treat diseases and conditions, it identifies hundreds of types of complementary and alternative medicine therapies, supplements, and complementary health care being practiced today. Topics include crystal healing, cancer, depression, stress, vitamins, Chinese foxglove root, meditation, reflexology, acupressure, acupuncture, hypnobirthing, kinesiology, yoga, chiropractic, naturopathy, mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), and more. Popular nutrition supplements such as acai, capsicum, oleander, and many others are covered in this new edition as well.
Print ISBN: 9781410394279
eBook ISBN: 9781410394330
5 volumes/~3,000 pages
Original Copyright 2020
See What’s Different:
- An advisory board consisting of subject matter experts
- 934 total entries; approximately 37 newly written entries and 624 updates
- 500 full-color photos, illustrations, graphs, and maps
- An appendix of nutrition and health organizations
- A glossary of terms compiled from the entry-specific Key Terms lists
- A general index of places, subjects, titles, and proper names mentioned within the text