This seven-volume, accessible resource covers the entire spectrum of nursing and allied health, including: body systems and functions; conditions and common diseases; contemporary healthcare issues and theories; techniques and practices; devices and equipment; and health career information. Entries range from short definitions to in-depth articles, covering the topics researchers want to know about, including: COVID-19, Nursing shortages, Personal protective equipment (PPE), and Social determinants of health. In addition, there are more than 625 photographs, charts and graphs. Students will also find Key Terms and Resources sections, as well as an expanded glossary, an updated organizations appendix, and an in-depth, two-level index.
Features & Benefits
- Entries arranged alphabetically from A to Z in 7 volumes and include body systems and functions
- conditions and common diseases
- contemporary healthcare issues and theories
- techniques and practices
- devices and equipment
- and health career information to support nursing and allied health students.
- Cross-references and see references abound to help readers locate information.
- 625 Photographs, illustrations, graphs, charts, and tables.
- Bibliography provides source suggestions for further study.
- Glossary, list of organizations, and general index.
Some new topics in this edition include compact license